Creative Visions, a special events company, is seeking a knowledgeable and motivated Project Manager to add to our team. The ideal teammate will have 3+ years’ experience in the event production and special events industry, strong organizational skills, and mastery of Microsoft Office Suite. Individuals interested should contact Careers@creativevisions.com with cover letter and résumé. References will be required. No phone calls please.
Salary is based on experience. This is a full-time in-house position in Raleigh, NC with a generous benefits package.
Manage all aspects of programs and events assigned, including any combination of the following:
- Develop comprehensive proposals and accurate budgets
- Manage project workflow from contract to execution
- Identify, negotiate, and secure internal and external resources
- Contract with external resources
- Manage multiple programs simultaneously
- Craft communications with clear intent and understanding
- Track and maintain program budgets, schedules, deliverables, and time sheets
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of each client’s brand, culture, and business objectives
- Develop meaningful relationships with VP and C-level contacts
- Identify new sales opportunities with existing clients
- Assist in the development of communication strategies for clients
- Attend client meetings well prepared and organized
- Work closely with sales to establish, manage, and maintain client satisfaction and relationships
- Manage scope creep and prepare and execute adjustments to scope
- Collaborate with internal staff and external resources to accomplish client objectives
- Serve as main client contact during pre-production, production, on-site and during wrap-up
- Research, evaluate, and report on new technologies, trends, products, and services
- Complete approved training and attend approved industry events
- Assist other departments and staff as necessary
- Perform other job related duties as needed or assigned
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Meetings, Events, Marketing, Business or related minimum CTS, CSEP, CMP, CMM or other applicable designation preferable
- 3 - 5 years meeting and/or event planning experience
- Excellent verbal and documented written communication skills
- Multi-tasking skills
- Complex problem solving ability
- Ability to lift 40lbs
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to travel required - maximum 33%
Freelance Technicians Wanted
Creative Visions, a special events company, is seeking knowledgeable and motivated technicians to add to our as needed call list. We are looking for people with 5+ years of expertise in lighting, sound and video. Individuals interested should contact email@example.com with cover letter and résumé. References may be requested.
We are looking for L1 lighting lead/ board operator and L2 Master Electricians.
L1 - The L1 will have a strong background programing with moving lights, LED lighting rigs and media servers. Programing experience should include ETC, Grand MA and Hog lighting systems. Experience on an ETC Gio is a plus. The L1 will be skilled in reading a plot and running a setup crew and focusing a stage wash for IMAG. ETCP certification a plus.
L2 - The L2 will have knowledge in hooking up feeder cable and balancing a load across 3 phase power. Experience in hooking up and managing dimmer racks, power distro and metering power. The L2 will need to be able to hang lights and circuit from a plot and run setup crews. Rigging knowledge is a plus. ETCP certification is also a plus.
We are looking for A1 Sound leads/ board operator and A2 Mic tech/ audio patching.
A1 - The A1 will have a strong background in live mixing and playback control, particularly through iTunes and QLab. Experience on digital consoles is a must. Experience on Allen and Heath, Roland, Yamaha, and Digico consoles is a plus. Additional skills required include tuning and equalizing a room, routing signal and setting up separate record and delay feeds, interpreting a Vectorkworks/AutoCAD drawing for placement of speakers, and running a setup crew.
A2 - The A2 will have experience in setting up, cabling, and patching audio systems, both distributed and line-array style. The A2 must also be comfortable with setting up wireless mics, ensuring frequencies chosen are clear and free of interference. Experience setting up intercom systems (wired and wireless) is a must as well. The A2 must also be comfortable running a setup crew.
We are looking for V1 video lead/ switcher operator and V2 projectionist.
V1 - The V1 will have a strong background with: switchers , matrix, media servers, Powerpoint and Keynote systems. Programing experience on Blackmagic Switching, Qlab Programming, Pandora Media Servers are a plus. Experience with basic graphics editing software is a plus. The V1 will be skilled in programming, running setup crews and running a show.
V2 - The V2 will have knowledge in projector maintenance, focusing, rigging and working with Digital Projections Large format projectors. Experience with converging multiple projectors, troubleshooting image, color balance, studio cameras a must. Edge Blend and server experience a plus.
Creative Visions is an equal opportunity employer.
Did You Know?
Creative Visions is a leading resource for event innovations. We will work with you to make magic happen at your next event. From the ground up, our crew will work with you to design an event people will talk about for years to come. Check out our gallery to see some of our work here